Joint Army Trekking Expedition to Nanda Devi East Base Camp
Joint Indo – Bangladesh Army Trekking Expedition to Nanda Devi East Base Camp
A Joint Indo-Bangladesh Army Trekking Expedition to Nanda Devi East Base Camp (4300m) was flagged off by Director General of Military Training on 28 May 18 at New Delhi. It consists of 16-member team of Indian Army and 10-member team from Bangladesh Army.
Mt Nanda Devi East Base Camp is located at an altitude of 4300M and is one of the challenging trekking routes of Himalayas. The Expedition will negotiate treacherous, rocky and glaciated terrain, slippery meadows and streams enroute. It will test the soldiers for technical skills, mental & physical courage.
The Joint expedition also aims to further strengthen the military to military relations between India and Bangladesh.
Source : http://pib.nic.in
Important Points for Nanda Devi East Base Camp Trek
Nanda Devi Base Camp Height : 4300 Meters
Nanda Devi Base Camp Trek Itinerary
- Day 1 – Kathgodam- Munsiyari ( 2290 mtrs. ) 277 kms
- Day 2 – Munayari – lilam (1850 mtrs. ) 7 kms
- Day 3 – Lilam- Bogudiar (2609mtrs. ) 12 kms
- Day 4 – Bogudiar- Rilkot (3130mtrs.) 12 kms
- Day 5 – Rilkot- Ghanghar (3300mtrs.) 13 kms
- Day 6 – Ghanghar- Pachu Glacier ( 4000smtrs.) 7kms
- Day 7 – Exploring the Base Camp
- Day 8 – Pachu Glacier- Martoli 17 kms
- Day 9 – Martoli -Rargari 20 kms.
- Day 10 – Rargari- Munsiyari 14 kms
- Day 11 – Munsyari to Kathgodam 296 kms & Departure.
Nanda Devi East Base Camp Trek Cost
Nanda Devi East Base camp trek cost depends on the various factors like no. of person in expedition, season etc.