Things to carry for Kedarkantha Trek – Renok Adventures
Kedarkantha Trek Things to Carry List
Kedarkantha is classic 5 days trek from Dehradun to Dehradun can be done all year round although the months of December to March the entire trail is covered under snow which makes it a classic snow and winter trek in Himalayas. December 21st to 5th January is high season for Kedarkantha Trek when all throng to this trekking trail to enjoy the stunning views from Kedarkantha Peak. The month of July to Early September are monsoon months where you can enjoy the lush green trails and greenery all the way to the Kedarkantha Peak.
So depending upon the season you can follow the below list what to carry for Kedarkantha Trek.
Things to Carry for the Kedarkantha Trek
It is rightly said, “Its not bad weather Its bad clothing”. Please check the list of things to carry for Kedarkantha Trek below:
- Backpack (Min 55 Ltrs): A good quality backpack from reputed brand and try it before buying. Floaters or Sandals: When you are at the camp they help to move freely
- Trekking Shoes: Always invest in a good quality trekking shoes, we recommend Forclaz 500 by Quechua. They are light weight, good grip, sturdy and easily available throughout India.
- 2 Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants – You always have to have a dry pair when you reach Camp.
- 1 Pair of good Thermals – During Winter temperture will be below zero
- 3 Pair of Socks
- 2 Full Sleeve Sweater or Fleece Jacket
- One Heavy Jacket – A must during Winter and for Kedarakantha Trek in December
- Sun Cap
- One Scarf
- Light towel
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+)
- Water Bottle 1 Lt
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Dark Sunglasses : Saves you from Snow Blindness
- 2 Pair Woolen socks
- Trekking pole – At least one pole is mandatory.
- Woolen cap/monkey cap